Admitting the problem is hard enough for those who suffer from alcohol abuse. How much more when it comes to seeking treatment? Without enough knowledge and experience, it is never easy to deal with alcohol addiction.
Fortunately, there are online sources to make alcohol recovery programs more accessible. In these sites, you can learn about the different alcohol treatment programs available. You can also read more to know about the common symptoms of alcohol addiction and how alcohol abuse can affect physical health, as well as the emotional and mental well-being of alcoholics.
Websites That Help:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) (aa.org)
- Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACA) (adultchild.org)
- Al-Anon.org (al-anon.org) For family members of addicts.
- Smart Recovery (smartrecovery.org)
- Women for Sobriety (WFS) (womenforsobriety.org)
- XA Speakers (xa-speakers.org) A collection of recordings from speaker meetings, conventions and workshops of 12-step groups.
- 12 Steps (12step.org) Resources for all 12 step programs. It contains an in-depth discussion and forum on the 12 steps.
- 12StepTreatmentCenters.com A list of 12 Step treatment centers around the world.
- Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (caccf.ca). An organization that certifies and monitors addiction counselors in Canada.
- Canadian Centre On Substance Abuse – Canadian specific website
These will help you convince a friend or family member who suffers from alcohol addiction to undergo treatment. Alcoholics themselves can also use these sources to learn more about their condition and help them address their problems.
Finding the right alcohol treatment
There may be a number of alcohol rehab centers near you. To find out what each of them has to offer, check out their websites to know exactly the kind of programs they have. Usually, these websites offer even a brief description of what the program actually entails, from detoxification to counselling.
This could also be your guide in determining the cost for each program. But before you sign up for any form of treatment, it would best to first compare the kind of service they have. You should also research about the success rate of the specific alcohol treatment.
List down all available options for an alcohol treatment before you contact any rehab center specialist. You may visit the rehab center to check the facilities or accompany a troubled friend or family member for initial consultation. The online listings for alcohol rehab centers near you can be your guide when looking for the best treatment or program.